Pressure Reducing Valves or more commonly Water Pressure Reducing valves lower the pressure of in rushing water/ steam/fluid to a manageable and predetermined level usually at a constant level to make it safer. Utilized in residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial installations the downstream pressure is ensured through a pressure adjustment valve setting. The modern models also incorporate an external sensor for the same purpose. Similarly, the Pressure Independent Control Valve (PICV) includes a tiny diaphragm type DPCV to ensure a constant differential pressure across the opening such that a constant flow rate is maintained.
Pressure reducing valves are categorized into two types — direct acting and pilot operated. These employ globe or angle style bodies. Direct acting valves have gained more popularity as they comprise globe-type bodies with a spring-loaded, and a heat-resistant diaphragm linked to the outlet valve that connects a spring. The spring, on the other hand, presets tension on the valve seat that is a pressure equalizing mechanism in order to gain precise water pressure control.
SKG PNEUMATICS INC is India’s leading supplier and the top-notch, one-stop destination for a complete range of industrial products, customized to the requirements of various industries. Each product is a result of extensive testing and engineering excellence for trustworthy durability and resilience-ensured through multiple stringent quality controls. SKG PNEUMATICS partner with the best in the industry to bring best in class products including all valves like Ball valves, Air Pressure Reducing Valve, pressure regulator valve et al at great value due to its durability.
INSTALLATION STEPS FOR PRESSURE REDUCING VALVES
- Determine first the inlet water pressure. Attain it BY ATTACHING A PRESSURE GAUGE TO HOSE SILL Cock. Ideal house water pressure should be measured at around 50 PSI.
- In case pressure exceeds excessively, install the pressure-reducing valve.
- Using threaded pipe and fittings, attach a pressure gauge, an initial step to the pressure-reducing valve at each side.
- Place the pressure-reducing valve assembly against water pipe to draw the mark for cutting the pipe.
- After Shut off the water mains, drain water from the piping system.
- Employ a tubing cutter for removing a water pipe section, from the marks made in Step 4.
- Remove from valve assembly both the pressure gauges and rubber O-rings.
- Brush flux the valve assembly ends onto the ends of the water pipe.
- Solder valve assembly to the water pipe as part of the piping system that is made of copper.
- Reinstall the pressure gauges and O-rings, after assembly cools.
- After turning on the water take a reading of the pressure gauge placed on the outlet side of the valve.
- In case water pressure is above 50 PSI (too high), the adjusting screw on the valve should be turned counterclockwise.
- On the other hand in case the water pressure is less than 50 PSI ( too low ) the adjusting screw on the valve should be turned clockwise.
The same installation can follow all similar steps including pressure control valve, water prv.
In hydraulics, a pressure reducing valve serves the same purpose as a “pressure regulator“ valve in a compressed air system and will lessen the pressure in one branch but enable full system pressure operations at other branches. Installed directly after the water meter in homes, commercial buildings, and industrial plants, a ( water) pressure reducing valve automatically reduces the pressure to a lower, more utilizable pressure from the main supply.
SOME OF ITS APPLICATIONS ARE
- Protecting electric hot water storage heaters and household appliances
- Building and domestic installations
- Collective installations
- Industrial installations