The Pressure Independent Control Valve (PICV) incorporates a small diaphragm type DPCV in order to keep a constant differential pressure across an orifice in order to provide a constant flow rate whilst the differential pressure is with the operating limits of the valve. Beyond these working pressures the valve acts in a similar way to a fixed orifice valve.
Salient Features included:-
- Suitable for Plenty of applications, due to wide range of actuators available.
- High precision large diameter lockable hand-wheel with simple linear setting scale.
- The flow rate is adjustable via the hand-wheel even when an actuator is fitted.
- Full stroke equal percentage temperature control valve gives maximum control under all flow conditions.
- Reduces capital outlay by eliminating the need for terminal balancing valves, temperature control valves, branch and mains balancing valves, and system differential pressure control valves.
- The valve has been designed to be easily close coupled to the terminal unit.
- Selection is simple as no authority calculations are needed.
- Reduces circuit interactivity.
- Commissioning is simplified as no costly proportional balance is required.
- Controllability is made easy due to the equal percentage characteristic.
- User comfort maximized by ensuring every temperature control valve has full authority.
Typical applications of the PICV’s may include:-
- Fan Coils
- Chilled Beams (Active and Passive)
- Radiant Panels and Radiators
- Heater Batteries
- Small Air Handling units
- Heat Recovery Units
- Over-door Heaters